Roland Forums

Thinking about buying a TD9
Posted: 12 August 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-12
Hello there.

I am currently looking to upgrade from my DTXplorer which I bought maybe 4 or 5 years ago to the Roland TD9-KX2. I went to visit the local Dawsons and they said that the line had been discontinued.

I found it online for £1,450 with some extras which I was going to buy anyway.

My question is, are there issues with the TD9 - KX2 that meant it was discontinued after only a year? Is it still worth paying that price for today?

Because the TD15-KV which replaced it is about £700 more, which I don't really want to spend on a drum kit.

I'm going off to a drumming lesson in about half an hour, my teacher has Roland V drums so I am going to ask him too but I was wondering if anyone had any comments as to the kit and if I should buy it.

Thanks.

Posted: 12 August 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1894
Joined  2008-10-15
Think the TD-9 was around longer than a year..

No issues as far as I know, although I believe the TD-9, 11, and 15 feature a multipin connector so careful not to damage it when plugging / unplugging, replacement could be costly.
Is it worth paying that price, well only you can decide that.
 Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority

Posted: 12 August 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-12
Thanks for your reply, it has calmed my mind a bit.

In terms of the price I meant, is it worth paying that amount for this kit, or should I wait a few more months, save a bit more money, and get the TD15. Because from my point of view the only difference is the brain and the chances are I would hook the TD9 up to Battery 3 and Cubase and use the sounds from there so the extra money might be a waste.