Roland Forums

SPD-sx save issue
Posted: 05 August 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-08-05
Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a spd-sx that I'm using for electronic drums on live gigs. Besides the normal pads I've attached 3 old Simmons pads as external triggers connected to the spd-sx. I've split the on board sounds into 4 channels by hard panning kick, snare, toms and fx to left or right and to master or sub-out respectively. This is working great except that the spd-sx doesn't seem to save the pans and the routing to the sub-out when the machine has been turned off. Weird thing is that it seems so save the pan when it's routed to the master out. Can anybody enlighten me on this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Anders

Posted: 06 August 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2012-04-16
I don't have a solution to your issue, but I have a question.

So if you Pan the Kick left and route to Master, does the kick only come out the Left side of the PA?

Posted: 06 August 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-08-05
It means that it only comes out of the left master output on the back of the spd-sx. I then connect that with a separate channel on a mixer, so no, it doesn't necessarily mean that it only comes out of the left side of the PA (if you have a mixer in between).

Hope that answers your question smile

Posted: 07 August 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-16
thanks, that does answer my question. Im going to set this up for a direct out Kick. I'll also set up and save my settings like what you did and see if the changes save. I'll try and check it out tonight.

Posted: 07 August 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-08-05
Glad I could help! And thanks for testing it later. I've talked to a Roland hotline and was informed that it should definitely save the settings, so it might just be a flaw on my machine. Let me know if you end up with a similar problem.

Posted: 08 August 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-16
you may have an issue with your unit.

I tested this on mine. I set Pad 9 to Subout and Panned L10. I set Pad 8 to Phones only and Panned R10. Turned off. Turned back on and the settings were the same.

Do you have the latest update? Version 1.02.

Posted: 14 August 2012 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-08-05
Dang... Yeah, it sounds like the problem is with the unit. I'm not sure if firmware is updated. I'll have to check the next time I'm in the studio... Thanks for your help!