Roland Forums

Octapad SPD-30 does need any sound moduler?
Posted: 11 May 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-11

Hi All I need help with Octapad SPD-30,newly i have SPD30.does it need any sound module because i’m using SPD30 with KD-9,FD-8.when i connect it to some sort of Mixer ex.XENYX 1002FX with auxilary cables,not giving me enough good clarity in the sounds.So please advise me what to do..thanks for replies in advance smile

Posted: 11 May 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1892
Joined  2008-10-15

The SPD-30 has sounds on board, so no you don’t need a sound module.

What you haven’t said is how you’ve connected the SPD-30 to your mixer:
What sort of auxiliary cables, jack-to-jack, screened, balanced, long, short, or tall?
What inputs are you going in to, normal mic/line channels, or a stereo input channel?

How are the sounds lacking clarity, have tried to make adjustments using the Eq on the desk?

Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority

Posted: 12 May 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-11

Hi,Thanks for reply.i’m confused with Sound module & mixer usage.Using auxiliary cables & input are line channels.i don’t why the sound is still lacking clarity.Have tried to make adjustments using Eq.please advise.

Posted: 13 May 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1892
Joined  2008-10-15

Okay, so I now know you are using the line inputs of the mixer.

I’ve had a look at this mixer, it’s pretty basic.
The are 4 stereo line inputs, and 2 mic/Line inputs. the mic/line inout only has Eq controls.

Need to clarify which inputs you are using:

1?
2?
3/4?
5/6?
7/8?
9/10?

If it’s 1 and/or 2, you have a variable gain control, 3 band eq, and a low cut button, which for your use needs to be off.
If it’s any of the stereo inputs, you only have a line level switch. I would use it on the +4 setting, but it would work on the -10 setting, but you need to lower the volume control on the SPD-30.

Also need to clarify, what cables you are using:
(I know you are using jack-to-jack)
‘Normal’ screened 1/4” jack leads?
Leads using stereo 1/4” plus both ends (balanced leads)?

Finally need to clarify what you define as lack of clarity:
Is it distorted?
Does it sound dull or mushy?
You aren’t using any of the effects on the mixer are you?

Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority

Posted: 07 February 2014 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-02-06

Do you any of you guys know how to use the SPD-30 as an external MIDI in Logic Pro 9? I just got the Octapad and I would ideally like to be able to not only use it with with software instruments in Logic but also use the built in sounds to record into Logic. Does anyone know how to configure that? So far I have been able to get sounds out of it as a software instrument but I dont know how to put specific sounds of the software drum kit, for example, to play through the Octapad.. any advice?

THANKS!