Roland Forums

Suspicious Site Selling Roland drums for really cheap
Posted: 08 May 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-08
I cam across this site called StudioMusicals.com when looking to get a roland set online. From what i understand, Roland sets minimum prices retailers are allowed to advertise. For the TD-15KV that price seems to be $2999 USD. But this site lists it for $2099 AU. (the exchange rate is similar).

http://www.studiomusicals.com/products.php?product=Roland-TD%2d15KV-V%2dDrums-V%2dTour-Electronic-Drum-Kit

The site seems well done an looks legit, but i'm not 100% sure since they don't take credit cards on international orders, only bank wires or telegraphic transfers. Also the site doesn't use encryption to submit your personal data.

Has anyone heard of this company before?

Posted: 08 May 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1987
Joined  2008-10-15
Well, they do say if it's too good to be true, then it probably is..

It does seem strange they don't accept more usual forms of payment like credit cards, or even paypal.

this also might be something to consider:
"Duties/Taxes/VAT
Customs duties, taxes, and VAT are the responsibility of the customer. Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns."

in other words, yes you can buy it at this price, but once you've added import duty it might not be so much of a bargain.

Then there's the what if there is a problem with it? You have to return it to them.
 Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority

Posted: 25 September 2012 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-25
Hi.

I have also an issue with this website as well (STUDIOMUSICALS.COM)..

I have placed an order with them (I have to say that it`s well made.. and pretty easy to be fulled..) and now I don`t have any answer from their side. Unfortunately, I have already processed the payment.

The most interesting thing is that they don`t seem to have bad reviews from as far as I could check up to now..

How did you managed your Roland order in the end ? Have you heard anything from their side ?

Thanks in advance,
Ionut.