Roland Forums

TD-8 Sound Module with iPod?
Posted: 13 April 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-04-13
Hi There,

I seemed to try and post another topic about this but hasn't seemed to come up after I pressed submit...

Anyway, I currently have a Roland TD-8 Sound Module for my Electronic TD-8KV Drumkit smile

I am moving out soon so I need to take this kit with me and I was wondering if there is any possibility you can plug an iPod into the sound module and have both drums and music come through on headphones?? Can this be done by a Stereo Jack lead or any other sort of lead??

Not just an iPod a laptop I could use too.. If not, am I able to store music in the module it's self?? smile

Hope you can help with my situation, many thanks,

Tristan Marchent

EDIT: I remember I pressed Preview that's why it didn't come up wink

Posted: 14 April 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-04-13
Anyone??...

Posted: 14 April 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1958
Joined  2008-10-15
Strange..

I did send a reply, but it seems to have disappeared..
I was replying via an iPad, perhaps something weird happened.

I will try again.

There is a mix in socket on the TD-8, a 1/4" TRS (stereo) socket. The connection used on the iPod, and the laptop will be a 1/8" strereo jack connection.
Ideally you want a "special lead" that has the connections you need on both ends having screened cable between.
I'm not sure if there is a control to adjust the level going into the TD-8, but at least there is a connection.

You will not be able to store any songs within the TD-8.
 Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority

Posted: 14 April 2012 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-04-13
S-E-A - 14 April 2012 09:22 PM
Strange..

I did send a reply, but it seems to have disappeared..
I was replying via an iPad, perhaps something weird happened.

I will try again.

There is a mix in socket on the TD-8, a 1/4" TRS (stereo) socket. The connection used on the iPod, and the laptop will be a 1/8" strereo jack connection.
Ideally you want a "special lead" that has the connections you need on both ends having screened cable between.
I'm not sure if there is a control to adjust the level going into the TD-8, but at least there is a connection.

You will not be able to store any songs within the TD-8.

Ok thankyou smile I read something actually just this evening about you can do it by using some sort of leads smile The volume is fine as you can adjust it on the iPod I think and Laptop smile

Thanks for your help, much appreciated! I will investigate these leads smile

Tristan

Posted: 15 April 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1958
Joined  2008-10-15
This is the sort of lead you need, plenty of them about on ebay, but wasn't sure of your whereabouts.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/140709233176?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

I've noticed my last reply was post 1235, which makes me wonder what happened to post 1234.
Perhaps someone mistook it for a count in and started a song...
 Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority