Roland Forums

Sounds for D-110 module
Posted: 16 March 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-16
Hi

This is a very simple request!

I have a Roland D-110 module. Some of the sounds are ok, but I would like to update the sounds/or just try out different ones!

I am quite thick when it comes to technical.....i.e plugging it via MIDI onto internet then downloading and changing the banks using the software etc...etc....

Is there anyone on here, in the UK, who can help me do this (for a fee obviously).
I just need someone to change the banks on the module, so that I can change the sounds around. Even a factory reset to original state, may be good at this point

I can arrange transportation (i.e bring it myself to you)and then I think I would get better usage out of the Module. It seems as well that the cards are no longer produced. This is a pity as I wanted to expand the sound set as well......

Thanks
Mike b from Midlands

Posted: 18 March 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1987
Joined  2008-10-15
Tricky to answer this..
Yes, you can load in new patches, but if you want to access them via program changes and MIDI, it gets complicated as you need to remap the program change table.
It defaults to the 'preset' ROM patches (bank A, and B). New patches can be loades into the I bank (no it has nothing to do with Apple).
It's also worth pointing out, it's only changing the data within the D-110, no new 'samples' are loaded, even if you use data cards.

In it's day, the D-110 had plenty of computer based editors to help with all this, finding something that runs on current technology could be a challenge.
It's not impossible, I still have and use my D-110, but not as much as I once did.
I tend to access the required sounds I need, be it from the A,B, I, or the R (rhythm) banks, and then save them in a performance.

If you want a box of killer sounds, look for a second hand JV-1080.
 Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority

Posted: 20 March 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2010-12-09
PM sent.

Posted: 21 March 2012 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1987
Joined  2008-10-15
didn't get the PM?