Roland Forums

gr 33 Queries!.
Posted: 07 March 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-03-07
Hi, im new to this Forum and New to the GR 33 !,.Question 1,.if im using an Organ patch direct to PA,and my direct guitar sound to my Guitar amp ,how can i get the Organ sound to Hold a chord as i play my guitar solo over the organ sound ?,.when i press the hold number 3 pedal the organ holds the chord but when i play the guitar over it the notes that i play are added to the held organ cord !, this i do not want , so how do i get a Held organ chord and play my own guitar pickup sound over the chord thru my guitar amp without the guitar notes adding to the held organ chord?,.please help!.ted.

Posted: 07 March 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2009-06-21
I am not up with the GR-33, but with the GR-20 and GR-55, the Hold funtion has 4 options, some of the options add new notes to the hold, one option holds the last note played, and one option Holds at the time the pedal is pressed and lets you solo over it (which is the option you are looking for).
There will be a patch setting for that somewhere inside the GR-33.
 Signature 

long time BOSS/Roland equipment user. cheese

Posted: 07 March 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-03-07
Thanks for the reply,.i need the 3rd option !, holding a chord with organ sound and soloing over it with my own guitar pickup thru my amp !,.can you tell me where to find this setting and how to adjust it?,.cheers.ted.

Posted: 08 March 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2009-06-21
Sorry i don't know the GR-33, all i can suggest is downloading the user manual and reading it. (RTFM) grin
 Signature 

long time BOSS/Roland equipment user. cheese

Posted: 09 March 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2012-03-07
thanks Gumtown,.i managed to get it doing what i needed but after "write and writeing" when i press the hold now it just stops the organ sound without sustaining it!,.ok, cheers.ted.