Roland Forums

Micro Cube Volume Problem
Posted: 26 January 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-26

Hi All,

I have a superb micro cube that I really love. Everything works perfectly except for the volume switch.  It stopped working a few days ago. The volume is stuck on I guess about half way.  The switch rotates perfectly ok but does not turn the volume up or down.  I took it apart to see if there was anything that looked loose, but it was just a bunch of micro chips - nothing I could look at. The amp is not very old.

Any ideas what might be wrong?  Cheers, Magicrising.

Posted: 28 January 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1941
Joined  2008-10-15

volume switch?

I had a look at the panel of a MicroCube, seems to have rotary controls for both gain and volume.

Further more, if it’s not that old, opening it up would void the guarantee.

I can only guess that somehow the volume knob shaft has broken, so is no longer connected to the volume pot.
You will need to access the control panel, which may well be part of the main circuit board, or the controls may be mounted separately and then connected to the circuit board. Never been inside one, so impossible to say for sure, sorry.

Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority

Posted: 29 January 2012 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-26

Yeah, the volume control.  In actual fact it is now working. I applied pressure to the side of the control and forced it in a rightward direction and it started working.  Obvoiusly some connection to the printed control board was mis-aligned.

Now I can get back to learning Nirvana’s Heart Shaped Box, in Eb tuning with a drop D.  Awesome!

Thanks

Posted: 29 January 2012 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1941
Joined  2008-10-15

If it happens again, might be a dry solder joint..
Good news that it’s working again

Signature 

the Sonic Energy Authority