Roland Forums

GAIA SH-01 Questions
Posted: 27 November 2010 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-11-27
Hi!

First post here. Just went out to get the Roland GAIA. Absolutely love it. D BEAM is quality. I can see that being flaunted during a live performance.

Anyway - I have a couple of quick questions...
One is - I've USB'd it to my computer (Windows 7 unfortunately, which sucks i know) and I can select on my sound settings to "listen to this device". So i can effectively output the amp through my lappy. Only problem is I'm experiencing a slight delay after pressing keys... any way around this???

Also - I was wondering where I'd be able to download new patches. I'm particularly looking for a really good strings sound.

Thank you for your help!

Posted: 06 December 2010 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-06
I love my Roland but im also having loads of problems...

* In Logic im getting note hangs/feedback
* I also want to know how I can play the Gaia as midi, not standalone within logic, hard to descibe... Play the keys but as midi to the Gaia, not when i play its direct on the synth and then im getting doubling up on sounds.

*make connect free :D

Posted: 06 December 2010 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-12-06
@30secondstosam, you can probably fix that issue by upgrading your sound card. The problem is most likely processing issues, and this can be fixed by using a speedy sound card. Mac's tend to be used for recording as they have no sound processing issues, but PCs can be used just as well as long as you have a good sound card.

Posted: 21 December 2010 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-12-06
ok, the GAIA has its own soundcard which is supposed to help, even tried NI audio 4 and KORE and still getting hanging. Must be something from Gaia. Some kind of midi message reset or something and dont know where to look or ask... driving me insane. PLEASE HELP ROLAND!!! obri3n@gmail.com

Posted: 21 December 2010 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2008-06-13
Hi obri3n,

Give tech support a call on 01792 702701 and they'll be able to talk to you about the problem and try to find a solution.

Full details on contacting them and the hours they're available are here: http://www.roland.co.uk/articles/default.aspx?c=34

Gareth
 Signature 

Gareth Adams - Database & Website Manager
Roland (UK) Ltd
01792 702701