Roland Forums

4 of 4
Juno G help please.
Posted: 14 March 2010 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2009-06-04
Free stuff is cool...
There's loads of it on the web... just a quick google can uncover new samples here and there in no time.
5 mins on google got me here:
http://www.audiopervert.com/download-drum-samples.htm
(forgive the dodgy URL !)

But there are tonnes of other ways to get sounds on to your Juno:
Go to http://www.rolandclan.com/library/juno-g/
and download tonnes of user built patches, and patches migrated from other Roland synths - FOR FREE !
(DO THIS - It's fab! There are some great free patches that you can load onto your CF Card or internal user patches through the standard Juno Librarian program).

Another way is if you have Sonar LE (ships with Juno) then you can download VST instruments into it.There are loads of free ones at http://freemusicsoftware.org/
I know.. I know...You don;t want to use the DAW right now... Sooooooo... What you do is download these VSTs, get a good some good drum ones, import them into Sonar, and then build simple track with one kick, snare, toms, cymbal etc. Mix that track down to an Audio track, then slice it up into individual Wav files to load into the Juno - and hey presto - new kits. I know it sounds a faff - and to be honest it is a bit - but it's all free smile

Oh, Do check out the Arpeggiate? kit... That's a funny one... hit the same key in 8ths or 16ths and get a different sound each time in a weird loop... How odd/cool is that? There are some good sounds lurking in there though - across the whole keyboard).

One final cool trick for tonight (don't have many left now!) is to take one of the existing kits - and build it up using multiple effects in the Juno - 2, maybe 3 effects daisy chained together by changing the structure (struct) in the MFX menu (in step 10 of my previous MFX setup "war and peace" post above). Then record a drum loop in the sequencer.
Switch to Audio mode, and create a mixdown of the drum track, and save it to your CF card.
Save your sample (with the Save / Load button left of the screen), then delete the audio and midi drum track.
Go back to the midi sequencer track where you want your drums to be, hit enter to bring the instrument selector. Scroll down the banks (guitar , strings, blah blah...) until you get to Card. Highlight Card, and you should see your drum sample listed on the right (possibly as C00010 or something). Select this as your instrument - and Hey presto..
You'll then play the loop phrase of the sample within the sequencer like any other sound. And because the Juno has Time shift, you can play it up and down the keyboard at different pitches, but the tempo will stay intact - That's quite cool - in a geeky way (think D&B;riffs at high pitch, or Super grunge drum tracks with the sample played down half an octave).

As far as setting up user kits on the Juno - I'm afraid that's beyond me! As soon as I got the TD12, I only used the kits on the Juno for tekno or programmed electric sounding kits. Sorry - I'm a bit useless there I'm afraid (hence all the other work-arounds!)

Oh look... another monster waffle from me, and after all that I didn't help with drum mapping probs.... Sorry! It's been a long day!

Have a good week and let me (and everyone else) know if Roland come back to you with some details.

Cheers for now,

Craig
 Signature 

Kit:
.:.Roland TD12 VDrums
.:.Roland SPD-S
.:.Pearl Export acoustic drums + Sabian cymbals
.:.Roland Juno G (Orchestral SRX board + RAM upgrade)
.:.Roland Fantom G8
.:.Korg Triton Pro
.:.Mackie Onyx 820i
.:.MOTU Microlite
.:.Cubase 6 (for home)
.:.Cubase Le & Akai LPK25 (when working away from home)

“All the gear, no idea!”

Posted: 15 March 2010 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2010-02-20
Man, you are good lol. I will have to go through and let you know. Once again, thanks.

Here is the Original email I sent

Hello there,

Thanks for your email, but I am afraid that is not what I am trying to do. Allow me to re-explain what my original request was.

On the Juno G, you know how in the Rhythm patch, one can load, say for example a standard drum kit and once that is loaded, all the keys will trigger a particular sample across the whole 61 key?

I am trying to do exactly that but with my own Samples. I.e Load my own drum kit so that it plays across the 61keys.

I have spoken to John Sweeney and he replied to me in this thread here [See link]

http://www.rolandforums.co.uk/forums/viewthread/1065/

The problem I am having or where I need help is using the Editor software, it is not the most user friendly interface. As you can see, I have followed his advice and done most things however, I am unable to see how to create a new rhythm patch and then write it on to the Juno.

So just to recap, how do I create my own rhythm patch using the Editor software and then load it on to the Juno. The manual isn't offering much insight on this.

Thanks

And here is the reply I got.

Hi.

This is the correct procedure you need to do.

You must first IMPORT ( AUDIO IMPORT ) your samples/wav files into the Juno.

Then edit a kit but selecting your own waveforms/ samples instead of the internal ROM samples…

Each key will have its own sample assigned to it.

If you want to play a sample chromatically across the keys you simply need to edit a PATCH and select your waveforms - and adjust the ADSR….

I hope this helps.

I am yet to give it a go yet.

Posted: 09 April 2010 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-09
I bought a Juno G last week. I have looked everywhere, but could not find a way of creating a Drum Pattern from a wav loop sample. I am able to assign the loop to the keys. But, what I want to do is create a new Drum Pattern, so that I can play it using the pads. I am not sure if this is even possible.

Does someone have an idea of how this can be done? Sorry if this looks like hijacking the thread, but I thought this is a related issue.

Posted: 10 February 2011 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-02-10
Hello

Got a Juno G a couple of weeks ago and just getting into it.

A quick question!

Has anyone tried using a CF card bigger than 1GB. The manual mentions 1GB but does not state a maximun.

Thanks in advance for any help. No doubt I be asking fro a bit more in the future.

Cheers

Robbie

Posted: 15 March 2011 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-20
Hi guya. I am back again! Thanks for all those who contributed earlier.

I am gettting better at using the Juno now, however I found it do have some minor issues (may be they are issues because I cannot seem to get round them)

At the moment, I have the juno connected to a Saffire Pro 14 and all I want is to get it to play - that is, transfer the audio signal to through the fire wire sound card and come out on the studio monitors!

I have connected the phono jack from the Juno G (Output A (mix) L/R into the inputs of the Safire 14, but when I play in patch mode, nothing comes out on the speaker. However, if I press the "Audition button", the sound would come up on the studio monitors but not when I play the keys or a patch.

Is there something I am not doing right? Please i once again need your help.

Posted: 17 March 2011 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-20
Anyone here?

Posted: 18 March 2011 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-20
Guys please I need you advice on this one.

How do I change and allocate what is playing on a midi channel in Juno (When it is connected to an external midi device)?

Posted: 09 August 2014 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
Rank
Joined  2014-08-09
pls help me
I have just got a roland juno d
Every time I try to use arpeggio it takes me back to piano patch though I can change rhythm
is there a way to use diff patches along with rhythm on Juno D please?

4 of 4

‹‹ BOSS GT-10 and Roland GR-33      Juno stage ››